As Earth Day approaches (April 22) I feel like reviewing some products I have found that do their part to help out. You’ve already read about Ecogear & gDiapers and now let me tell you a little bit about a company called Kids Konserve. Although I have never used this product, I am blown away by this awesome product and what they do as a company. When Linda starts school in the Fall this might be the way we go.
If we can all do our little part to save the planet we can make a HUGE difference. It’s as easy as how you pack your children’s lunch.
Below is what I received about Kids Konserve.
Kids Konserve empowers children and parents to do their part in saving the environment by challenging them to cut down on the waste created by school lunches, while teaching about the importance of reuse. The company was sparked by the amount of trash that was coming home from our preschooler’s lunch. We took what has been a family endeavor, reducing the amount of trash we put into the landfills, and made it a business that will help all families.
Kids Konserve creates awareness via their Waste-Free Lunch Challenge Fundraiser, Reusable Bottle Drive, and Green Your Classroom Party Pak Challenge and teach about not creating waste, Kids Konserve can help lead to major savings in our landfills and hence reduce greenhouse gases. Many schools do not even recycle, and the amount of trash produced by one child’s lunch alone creates 67 pounds of landfill waste in a school year! Our website: www.kidskonserve.com
So much has been happening lately here at Kids Konserve; a quick rundown for you:
* Kids Konserve was featured in Entrepreneur Magazine (October 09),
* a letter to the President: Margaret’s Mission
* Kids Konserve was featured in Body + Soul Magazine March 2010
* Kids Konserve was featured on View from the Bay,
* Kids Konserve won the 2010 Eileen Fisher Grant!
* Unveiling Miss Earth Day – This 9 year old is amazing!
* Our new insulated bags are made from recycled plastic bottles (see attached: Trash is a Terrible Thing to Waste)
* Nesting Trio 304 Food Grade Stainless Steel Containers
For Earth Day:
* Kids Konserve is a company who believes in giving back, our school Waste-Free Challenges give a percentage of every sale back to the school, http://www.kidskonserve.com/schools_waste_free_challenge.asp. For the month of April, Kids Konserve will be giving back 25% to the school or pass the savings to the families!
* With every order placed in April, you will receive a FREE 20oz. stainless steel Kids Konserve Bottle (while supplies last).
This Earth Day, marking its 40th Anniversary, Kids Konserve is looking to come together and make a difference.
Isn’t that amazing!?!
The kind people at Kids Konserve has set up a special discount code for you, the fans.From now until April 30th enter code- “earth15” to earn 15% off your order.
“Kids Konserve; packing green lunches/snacks with style and eco-cool reusable products for a clean conscience.”