This is the first of 3 posts on Dana Shortt’s extra virgin olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Today I will talk about butter- extra virgin olive oil and Tuscan herb blend- extra virgin olive oil with traditional- balsamic vinegar.
I met Dana Shortt Gourmet the last time I was on Rogers TV and fell in love with these products. She soooo kindly sent me 6 bottles to test out and I decided to make them into three posts, sharing the recipe I used with photos.
This oil is vegan and can be frozen to make it spreadable. I made two recipes with this oil. The first one I drizzled it over my popcorn. It had a great buttery taste and didn’t even need salt to add to the flavor.
The second recipe I made was instead of using regular oil for my pancakes I used the BUTTER- olive oil. The awesome thing about this was I didn’t need to use butter after cooking them. It prevented the pancakes from sticking and tasted great!!
TUSCAN HERB BLEND- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL &
TRADITIONAL- BALSAMIC VINEGAR
Doesn’t that plate look so yummy? We marinated our chicken for a few hours in the mixture and then grilled it. The chicken was so tender and full of flavor. I love the taste of the herb blend.
I also want to add that I tasted all these flavors with a piece of bread to experience the full flavor. Both of these were my favorites for replacing my “salty” flavorings.
Dana Shortt Gourmet has recently launched their oil and vinegars to their store. Including ways to taste test them.
WHY buy these products? How are these healthy? You can read more below. This info was sent to me by Dana Shortt.
Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Olive oils contains naturally occurring anti-inflammatory agents and antioxidants.
* Olive oil is a healthy fat which aids in reducing bad cholesterol (LDL) and increasing good cholesterol (HDL).
* Extra virgin olive oils have more monounsaturated fatty acids then any other olive oil.
* Extra virgin olive oils also contain more polyphenois, which have health benefits for the heart.
Dana Shortt Gourmet Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Our extra virgin olive oils are first cold presses and sourced from two hemispheres to ensure the highest quality and freshness
* All of our extra virgin olive oils are all natural with no artificial flavours, colours, additives or preservatives.
Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
* Balsamic vinegar retains most of the nutrients present in the parent grapes and comprises nutrients like iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, phosphorus and magnesium in adequate amounts.
* It helps decelerate the aging process- antioxidants from balsamic vinegar destroy free radicals and help prevent cells from being destroyed.
* it contains a bioflavonoid called quercetin, which has antioxidant properties.
Along with vitamin C, quercetin strengthens the immune system to help fight cancer and inflammation.
balsamic vinegar also contains polyphenois which are anti-cancer agents.
* It helps control diabetes- consumption of at least 5 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar a day can enhance insulin sensitivity.
* It also aids digestion and suppresses the appetite!
Dana Shortt Gourmet Balsamic Vinegar
* Dana Shortt Gourmet balsamic vinegar are from Modena, Italy and are aged up to 18 years. They are all natural with no artificial flavours, colours, additives, or preservatives.
* Disclaimer / Disclosure: I received a free sample to facilitate my review. This post reflects my honest, personal opinion and experience with the product which may differ from yours. Product information courtesy of the sponsor. No monetary compensation was provided for this post.