“2012 SPORTSPARENT OF THE YEAR” CONTEST
For the first time ever, Sports Illustrated Kids will recognize a SportsParent of the Year. This parent is dedicated to family and community, and includes sports as a part of an active, healthy lifestyle. She or he exemplifies the qualities that SI Kids aims to impart to children through a shared passion for sports, including: fun, dedication, healthy living, and the value of community and team.
The SportsParent of the Year will win a $1,000 gift card to use for their child’s sports needs and may appear in a future issue of Sports Illustrated Kids. The contest is now open here: http://www.sikids.com/sportsparent
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 12:00 P.M. EST on August 1, 2012 and ends 12:00 P.M. EST on September 24, 2012. To enter, go to www.sikids.com/sportsparent and follow instructions to submit your nomination. Limit one nomination per person or e-mail account. Sponsor is not responsible for entries not received for any reason. Entries become sole property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering, entrant, all nominees (Contestants) warrant that any materials submitted (1) are original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) have not been published in any medium.
2. JUDGING: All entries will be judged equally by SI Kids editorial staff based on the following criteria: Contributions on the field, such as coaching or volunteering on the team (50%) and Contributions in the community (50%). Nominations for the Sports Parent of the Year will be accepted from 12:00 P.M. EST on August 1, 2012 to 12:00 P.M. EST on September 24, 2012. From the pool of nominations, SI Kids editorial staff will select the 2012 SportsParent of the Year. Potential winner will be contacted beginning October 1, 2012.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are age 18 or older years at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its promotional partners and their respective, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: The 2012 SportsParent of the Year Grand Prize Winner could be featured in an article in an upcoming issue of Sports Illustrated Kids magazine and/or SIKids.com. The SportsParent of the Year will also win a $1,000 gift card to use for his or her child’s sports needs. Approximate Overall Retail Value: $1,000. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. Limit one prize per person or household.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Contestants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Contestant represents that any designs and other materials submitted as part of Contestant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Contestant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such designs and other materials. In addition, by entering, Contestant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Contestant’s submitted design, along with Contestant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Contestant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Grand Prize Winner, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the design and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Grand Prize Winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Grand Prize Winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Grand Prize Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, and design for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Contestants and Grand Prize Winner agree to hold Sponsor and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Contestant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any Contestant or Grand Prize Winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, Contestant or Grand Prize Winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after the Grand Prize
Winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. CAUTION: Any attempt by a Contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Contestant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to any principles of conflict of laws that would result in the application of the law of any other jurisdiction. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of the Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of SportsParent of the Year Grand Prize Winner, available from December 10, 2012 to January 31, 2013, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to 1271 Avenue of the Americas, 31st floor, NY, NY 10020, OR log onto www.sikids.com/sportsparent.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is SI Kids, 1271 Avenue of the Americas, 31st floor, New York, NY 10020.
Here’s how to enter:
1.) Decide who to submit for the award, whether it is yourself, your spouse or another parent
2.) Simply go to www.sikids.com/sportsparent and follow instructions to submit your nomination
3.) Remember there is (1) nomination per person or email account.
4.) “Like” the Sports Illustrated Kids Facebook page
5.) Share your entry with all of your friends and followers via social media (Twitter Hashtag: #SPOTY2012)