I am joining A Little Unhinged and a bunch of other bloggers on a 15 day Challenge to help you get to know me better. For the next 15 days I will have a theme to follow. You can check out all the days by clicking on this link.
1. Introduction to this Challenge and tell us a little about yourself!
My name is Erica, I’ll soon be turning 35! YIKES! I have two little girls and hope to have two more children. I have difficulty getting pregnant and staying pregnant. My dream was to have 4 kids before I turned 30, well that didn’t happen but I do feel blessed to have the two girls I have. My kids are my joy.
Besides being a mom and blogging I LOVE to run. Recently I had an accident and it has been a long recovery. I won’t be allowed to run until August 2013 at the earliest. That totally kills me, I just want to run. I am now trying to find other ways to stay fit and enjoy exercise. It’s a hard journey to be on but I want to prove to myself and others that staying healthy/fit can be done no matter what. From Dec 2010 to Dec 2011 I had lost 70lbs. I have been able to keep most of that off for the past year, just gaining 5lbs in the past couple of months.
I also love music. I play bass clarinet, I love to sing and I grew up watching and being in musicals. My parents were my biggest influence with music. My dad have thousands of records (you know the old school type, vinyl) and he was in a community musical almost every year. My mom had a piano in our house for many years and helped me learn some basics.
Some favorites in life-
Animal- Giraffes and Cats
Color- Blue and silver
numbers- 7, 11, 23, 77
food- chicken & rice with veggies (healthy), Pizza Hut Pizza (unhealthy), snickerdoodles (dessert)
drink- water (all the time), diet pepsi, pina colada
Place- anywhere warm, I want to Visit Hawaii someday. I also loved going to Romania.
I should tell you I have traveled a lot. I attend school in Chicago- Moody Bible Institute. I was part of the symphonic band and we got to travel all over the US and the World. Most of my travels have been with them and some others were in High School and some as an adult. I’ve been to 42 US States and 12 countries. I’ve been to Canada, US, Mexico, Bahamas, Romania, China, Hong Kong, Japan (for an hour), Hungary, Austria, Germany, Denmark (for an hour). I love to travel and love seeing other cultures.
Well I’m not sure what else I can talk about. I hope this helped you get to know a bit more about me. Come back tomorrow to learn about the place I grew up.
This is what the rest of the week will look like-
2. Where did you grow up? Small town or Big City?
3. What’s some of your favorite memories from childhood?
4. What type of student were you in school?
5. Who was your closest friends as a teenager?
6. Where have you worked?
7. Has your life gone the way you expected it?
8. Tell us a bit about your family!
7. What are your hobbies?
8. What are some of your fears?
9. What are your goals? Parenting, Life, Career?
10. Why did you start blogging and what is your blog about?
11. What are a couple of your favorite blog tools that you use?
12. Your top 5 posts and why you think they were successful.
13. 3 blogs you visit and read enthusiastically.
14. Social Networks/Blog Communities you want others to know you’re a part of.
15. Closing and any upcoming posts or giveaways you want to share.