4. What type of student were you in school?
I was a shy student for many years. Part of that had to do with my learning disabilities. I have dyslexia and a reading comprehension problem (I can read the same thing over and over and still not understand what I read) I wasn’t diagnosed with this until I was in University, so grade school was a struggle. I would work hard but not get as good of grades as I wanted, mainly “B’s” and “C’s”. I was told by teachers that I “wasn’t applying myself enough”.
Once I hit Junior High and High School I started to come out of my shell. I got involved with Basketball, track, band, jazz band, drama, choir and with my church’s youth group. I wasn’t really ever home. But I LOVED being involved. I played bass clarinet in band and cymbals for marching band. In jazz band I took up playing bari sax. In choir I sang alto but could sing lower then that. In basketball I played “post”. I was tall and could help block. In track I was a sprinter, not a good one but I loved being part of track. In my youth group I went on many mission trips and was part of the youth musical every year.
I was also boy crazy in school. Many crushes in my past. LOL Poor guys.
My 10th grade year I moved from the public school to the Christian school in town. I was glad for the move but I missed all my friends. Most of my friends from the public school I had known since we were 4/5 years old. It’s a small town and most people didn’t move away. One nice thing was I was allowed to be part of band, sports and drama at the public school, so I got to see them sometimes.
One of our Mission Trips (To Florida to help a Haitian community fix their houses. When there we had a hurricane)-
Marching band (This was my first year and I was crazy enough to carry around a bass clarinet, after this year I started to play cymbals) Thank you to Henry County Trust for the photo
Basketball- (Thank you to a friend for this photo)
I am joining A Little Unhinged and a bunch of other bloggers on a 15 day Challenge to help you get to know me better. For the next 15 days I will have a theme to follow. You can check out all the days by clicking on this link.
This is what the rest of the week will look like-
5. Who was your closest friends as a teenager?
6. Where have you worked?
7. Has your life gone the way you expected it?
8. Tell us a bit about your family!
7. What are your hobbies?
8. What are some of your fears?
9. What are your goals? Parenting, Life, Career?
10. Why did you start blogging and what is your blog about?
11. What are a couple of your favorite blog tools that you use?
12. Your top 5 posts and why you think they were successful.
13. 3 blogs you visit and read enthusiastically.
14. Social Networks/Blog Communities you want others to know you’re a part of.
15. Closing and any upcoming posts or giveaways you want to share.