I plan on walking for 1-2 hours every morning (5 days a week), depending on the weather and I hope to do two days of strength training a week. I’m extremely out of shape and I need to start slow. This is hard for me because I KNOW what my body is capable of doing but it just can’t do it yet. I have a lot of weight I need to loose and a lot of muscle strengthening before I’m even close to where I use to be. I’m hoping this challenge will be the thing that will kick my butt into gear. Trying things on my own, I have failed. I’m hoping this challenge I HAVE to do for the next 90 days will do the trick to get me where I want to be.
I have two shakes a day, one at breakfast time and the other at lunch time. To add calories I will be adding some fruit and natural peanut butter to my shakes. I am also to eat 2-3 snacks a day consisting 100 calories each, of veggies or fruit. At dinner time I will use their “Food and Drink Guidelines” to prepare a healthy, clean meal.
I’m excited for all of this but also scared. I’ve failed so much in this past year and I don’t want to fail again. I want to feel good about my body, I want my clothes to fit again, I want more energy, and I want to get rid of my junk food cravings. I crave things like, chips (salty tastes), chocolate bars, pop, icecaps and pizza. I’m hoping after 90 days I won’t want these things all the time and I won’t use them to fuel my emotions.
I’m half way through my first day and so far so good. I plan on having chicken and veggies for dinner. Not sure how I will be preparing them but I will keep the meal clean.
The challenge consists of five step plan-
1. LEARN – the secrets to the Shake the Crave lifestyle by reading the goals, game plan, tips, do’s and don’ts and the good and bad foods – go to shakethecrave.com for these resources. Begin implementing what you learn. Read this information often as you continue to implement more and more of these tips so you can begin to shake some of those craves that have been haunting you over the years and begin developing a better you.
2. SHAKE – Enjoy two delicious shakes a day – one at breakfast and one at lunchtime (your choice of meal times). These will help you feel full longer.
3. SNACK – Eat two or three low-calorie snacks throughout the day to curb cravings and boost your energy – preferably around 100 calories each of raw fruits or veggies – choose from “best” or “acceptable” foods at shakethecrave.com. Eat organic as often as possible for better vitamin and mineral content.
4. MEAL – Take your time and eat a sensible dinner. The more whole foods in the meal, and the more natural the meal, the better. Check out our recipes here. Be sure to get your recommended daily allowance of essential nutrients each day.
5. MOVE – Exercise with moderate aerobic activity (like brisk walking) five to seven times per week, plus muscle strengthening for at least 10 minutes, two times per week.
My Start Weight is- 236.8 lbs!
(the day after Thanksgiving)
Goal weight in the next 90 days is to be- 195 lbs.