Fans of Disney•Pixar’s beloved “Cars” franchise will have an opportunity to see a life-size lookalike of the five-time Piston-Cup champion when Lightning McQueen’s Canadian Road Trip Turbo Charged by Canadian Tire hits the road later this month making pit stops at eight cities across Canada. The cross-country tour kicks off in Vancouver on April 29th and wraps up in Halifax on June 17th, all in celebration of the release of Disney•Pixar’s new movie “Cars 3” on June 16.
Throughout the road trip, Lightning McQueen’s life-size replica will be stationed at select Canadian Tire locations in eight markets including Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax.
At each location, racing fans will have the chance to have their photo taken with the life-size character car, plus test their motor skills at a remote control racecar track. In addition, Disney Channel will be hosting a Kids’ Activity Pit Stop area with free “Cars 3” arts and crafts for visitors.
Lightning McQueen’s Canadian Road Trip Turbo Charged by Canadian Tire coming to a city near you:
- April 29 – Canadian Tire at 6312 200 Street, Langley
- April 30 – Canadian Tire at 4949 Canoe Pass Way, Tsawwassen
- May 6 – Canadian Tire at 910 57th Ave NE, Calgary
- May 7 – Canadian Tire at 250 Shawville Way SW, Calgary
- May 13 – Canadian Tire at 2110 101 Street NW, Edmonton
- May 14 – Canadian Tire at 169 Ordze Road, Sherwood Park
- May 20 – Canadian Tire at 750 St. James Street, Winnipeg
- May 21 – Canadian Tire at 1080 Grant Avenue, Winnipeg
- May 27 – Canadian Tire at 1019 Sheppard Avenue E, North York
- May 28 – Canadian Tire at 7650 Markham Road, Markham
- June 3 – Canadian Tire at 8181 Campeau Drive, Kanata
- June 4 – Canadian Tire at 3910 Innes Road, Orleans
- June 6 – Canadian Tire at 16821 Trans-Canada Highway, Kirkland
- June 7 – Canadian Tire at 115 Boulevard Brien, Repentigny
- June 9-11 – Crescent Street Grand Prix Festival
- June 17 – Canadian Tire at 30 Lamont Terrace, Dartmouth
- June 18 – Canadian Tire at 150 Damascus Road, Bedford
ABOUT THE MOVIE
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!
Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“), produced by Kevin Reher(“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short) and co-produced by Andrea Warren (“LAVA” short), “Cars 3” cruises into theatres on June 16, 2017.